if i never see your face again ...
then i will find you and love you once more
time after time

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Parting words of a Temp Teacher

Days rolled over to months and finally I found myself at the end of this particular chapter of my life.

It was just four months ago when I entered the familiar staff room for the first time. My student sat at the table, waiting anxiously for me to arrive. She was unusually quiet and I found it difficult to reach out to her. Quiet can no longer be used to describe her now. You can hear her from the other side of the centre, screaming in English at some classmates who dare to cross her.

I've come into the conclusion that I'll never be a teacher.
I think it takes a lot of effort to keep up with children- They have an amazing level of energy.
No doubt, it's a refreshing change to be facing kids.
There are times when you let your hair down and indulge in the inner child that you've always ignored.

Of course, you learn to be more conscious of the words you speak and the actions you do. I was constantly reminded of this whenever my student display this nasty habit they have learnt from me.I tend to threatened to poke them if they attempt to misbehave themselves.
You can imagine the shock on my face when I heard one of my students saying,
"If you take my pencil again, I'll poke you!"
It's a nice change from "I'll hit you!" but it emphasised the fact that children pick up actions and words from adults fast.
Nevertheless, I continued to threatened them in those moments when I'm exasperated with them.

One thing for sure, I'm sure I will miss their child-like candor- they never fail to speak up what they truly feel. I regretted telling my student that I was happily unattached because they were anxious about offering me tips to find my second half.

"Teacher, you must lose weight so that you're look nice!"
"Teacher, you must go shopping. I can tell the days of the week from the clothes you wear."
"Teacher, you must go out often. Don't go straight home after work."
"Teacher, you're getting older-you've a lot of white hair."

I'll usually retorted by asking them to do their work or by changing the subject.

Each day always bring a fresh set of challenge because kids are very temperamental- No one day at school is the same. It's something that I've grown to enjoy.

Of course, I'll miss the amazing staff.

I'll miss their weird expressions of the students.
"I turn my head 90 degrees to the right.... " ( My comment : You must be great at Maths!)
"The constables waited for the robber to do something wrong before interrogating him"( My comment: We don't live in the 40s, we call them Police nowadays. Besides, the Police interrogates if they find you suspicious.)
We spend countless hour laughing until we teared because of the lack of logic or the strange expressions that they have used.

In all, it has been a wonderful experience for me.

i know that i have loved you ... at 10/18/2009 11:15:00 pm
fate crumbled all around 0 identities

` here.waiting ;

^reminds;me*of

that'.last>note